- Category: Finance General
- Published on Friday, 24 August 2012 20:19
- Written by Shane Herzog
- Hits: 933219
Provide fiscal leadership and quality financial systems, processes, and information.
The Division of Finance serves Utah citizens and state agencies with fiscal leadership and quality financial systems, processes, and information. This includes but is not limited to
- maintaining the state's central accounting and payroll systems;
- ensuring compliance with state financial laws;
- providing a statewide data warehouse of financial information;
- producing the state's official financial statements;
- processing the state's payments to vendors and employees;
- operating the Office of State Debt Collection;
- maintaining the state's financial transparency website; and
- operating the Department of Administrative Services' consolidated budget and accounting group.
Chief Fiscal Officer
The chief fiscal officer and director of the Division of Finance is John C. Reidhead, CPA. He was appointed by Governor Jon Huntsman, Jr. in September 2005.
Payment Plus Initiative
The State of Utah now offers an additional (optional) Accounts Payable solution called Payment Plus to pay suppliers with automated Visa card payments. We have authorized U.S. Bank, which works with Visa, to contact our suppliers and inform them about this program. When contacted by Visa, some suppliers have questioned if this is a program authorized by the state of Utah. Their apprehension is understandable, and, therefore, we pledge that this is a legitimate program of the state of Utah. To learn more about the Payment Plus program, click here
Click the desired Finance section's icon below to see that section's web page. Click What's New in Finance for the latest news